Wow, I can't believe that I only have 4 more teaching days left of Term 1! Mind you I am really looking forward to the 2 week break, to get re-organised and ready for Term 2!!
We have had a very busy past week in class, finishing off all of our units and artwork for the term. We have been studying Weather and we made wind measuring devices!
The kids had so much fun making them, but even MORE fun predicting which parts of the school would have more wind than others. We then walked around the school measuring wind strength with their wind measuring devices...they were all so excited to see the wind blow the streamers on the end of their creations ... too cute!!
We have also been reading lots of picture books with a 'Feelings' theme. My kiddies LOVE 'Where The Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak. After reading the book about a million times, we brainstormed 'feelings' on the board and the kiddies each chose their favourite. They then did a writing piece on what they do when they are feeling happy, sad, excited etc... We used the fabulous freebie writing sheet by Debbie Candau, from Sailing Through First Grade, which you can find HERE.
We displayed them on our class bulletin board, using the fabulous Max display from the amazing Deanna Jump's Wild Things Maths and Literacy Activities unit. They then drew their own face onto the display, using the appropriate expression to match their chosen feeling. I think they did such a FABULOUS job:)
Lastly, this week, I finally graduated from University with my teaching degree!!
Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead!!
Thanks for stopping by!













Congrats to you on your graduation.
ReplyDeleteYearn to Learn Blog
Thank you so much Denise!! x
DeleteCongrats on graduating! :)
ReplyDeleteJourney of a Substitute Teacher
huge congrats on graduating - and an even bigger congrats for making through term 1!!!
ReplyDeleteall the best for the rest of the year - and the rest of your teaching career.
cheryl xox.
Congratulations! Looks like you have been busy in your classroom as well. I love how cheerful everything looks.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your graduation! Looks like you've been busy with your class as well! I'm already on holidays and loving it!
ReplyDeleteKylie
Congratulatios, Tina!! Thats awesome news.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time off:)
Barbara
Grade ONEderful