Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Presto, Change-o!!


Well if you have visited my blog before, you might notice something is a little bit different!!  I had been meaning to get a blog makeover for a while now, as my original blog design was my very first attempt and I did it in a hurry...just to get my blog up.

Well I am a Queen of Procrastination, and yes I have 7 more days until term 2 begins ... AND I still have to do my teaching program.  But, I have had a bee in my bonnet about changing the look of my blog, so I spent all day giving it a makeover.

I think that this new design really captures more of ME!  Owls are my favourite animal, I love teal & green together and I love spots and bunting!

To create the new look for my blog I used some gorgeous spotty clip art from my favourite clip art designer, Kirsten from KPM Doodles.  I then added the cutest little owl, ribbon and bunting clip art from Sara at Saraink.  I just love how it has turned out.  If you haven't visited either of these fabulous designers on Etsy, you really need to make sure that you pop on over!!

I also have a new blog button, so please feel free to grab the code from my sidebar, and change out the old one if you have it!

Yesterday, thanks to the wonderful encouragement from my dear husband and three daughters, I also mustered up the courage to open a Teachers Notebook store.


 At the moment, I am just listing my freebies,


including this customiseable Dinosaur 'I have, who has...?' game which goes really well with the Dinosaur Stomp Spelling activity from my last post (yes, I do like things to match and am a huge fan of symmetry :O).  Hope you find the time to stop by, you can find the link in my sidebar or you can click on the shopfront image above.

I do still intend to upload my freebies to Google Docs.  If you would like to download this freebie from there, then just CLICK HERE.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead!

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Tina...Your blog looks AMAZING!! I totally love it! The cute green polka dots and the owls are ADORABLE!!! LOVE it! And you did this? So impressed because I can't do this sort of stuff:) And your TN shop sign is so, so sweet! I love your taste:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Annie, you truly are such a sweetie!! Thank you! I just noticed that you have green polka dots on your blog background too!! Great minds think alike :D I love your taste, also!! xx

      Delete
  2. Very cute! So clever to be able to do this by yourself :)
    And as for procrastinating, I am too yet to start my program but here I am 5.49am Sydney time looking at blogs haha.
    Brooke
    Teachable Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke! Thanks so much! Hope you have managed to get some programming done? Still plenty of time, right :D Have a great Wednesday!!

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I love the colours you have used, and how you have tied all your favourite things together. Well done.

    Carolyn
    Sowing Seeds of Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely, encouraging comment! I appreciate it greatly:) Happy rest of the week to you.

      Delete
  4. Looks wonderful-I love it! I can't believe you did it yourself!

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie. Thank you so much!! Well, because I am too cheap to pay someone to do it for me, I did have to sit here all day doing it!! In saying that though ... most of that time was searching for the perfect little owl clipart that also had great terms of use:) Happy Wednesday to you!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much on both, Miss T!! Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ x

      Delete
  6. WOW..your new look looks great. I am very impressed that you did it yourself!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robynn. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your very kind words:) Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

      Delete
  7. It looks really GREAT, Tina! You did a super job.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cool! I love owls, too! Check out the Showy Owl game I just posted last night!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Ooh, I can't wait to check out your Snowy Owl game!! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

      Delete
  10. LOVE your new look, Tina!!! Fabulous...just like you!!! :)

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww THANK YOU Dana!! You are pretty fabulous, yourself :) Hope you are having a great start to your week:) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I love to hear your comments and will read and respond to every one. ~ Txx