Thursday, April 12, 2012

Aussie Visual Arts Unit of Work Freebie...

Hi everyone!

It seems that I have been MIA lately,  more than I had realised.  I am a pretty private person and would like to remain so...but I will apologise and say that I have had quite a big health scare over the last little while, and have been spending my energy and my focus on my students, my family and myself.

I am currently on a 2 week school break and received good news yesterday,  regarding my health.  So once my school break is over ( and believe me, I am not wishing it away...as I am loving having the time at home with my girls), I will be back into blogging and catching up on everything that I have missed!!

At the  moment, as you know, I am teaching a combined Year 1 / Year 2 class.  However, I have a Visual Arts unit of work that I compiled, which would be suitable for Yrs 3 - 6.  I have used it with a Yr 3 class and it was a lot of fun!

If you are not familiar with a lot of Australian artists, it is a great introduction for you :)  Sidney Nolan was such an amazing Australian artist and the subject of the collection in the unit of work, Ned Kelly, is such an iconic, popular and fun subject for kids to study!!   I mean let's face it... which kid doesn't love bushrangers!! This unit of work can be linked into many other key learning areas, such as Social Science and English!



The unit of work has lesson outlines as well as a work booklet for your students to complete over the series of lessons. The PDF document has my home state's learning outcomes listed, so you will have to ignore those if they are not required (sorry my laptop died and took my Word version with it!!).   I hope that someone can find it useful!!  To download the document from Google Docs, just click HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful end to your week!!  I am really looking forward to catching up on everything that you have been up to (yes, that means actually commenting instead of 'lurking;...gee I hate that word!!).

I am taking our girls to see 'The Lorax' tomorrow...has anyone seen it yet?  What did you think?

Kind Regards,


8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again :)

    And glad to hear that you got good news regarding your health issue. Sending good vibes your way still though :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! I am so thankful that we have crossed paths through this wonderful world of blogging!!! Huge hugs Miss T for a wonderful end to your week, and thank you for all of the encouraging and kind words that you always leave for me!! XX

      Delete
  2. I'm happy that you received good news about your health issue - at least you can now enjoy the rest of your break with your family without the worry. Good to have you back!

    Kylie
    Down Under Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kylie! I appreciate your kind words so very much!! Hoping you are enjoying your well deserved break!!! Cannot wait to catch up on your inspiring blog! Happy end of the week to you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again. I've missed your happy blog. Very glad to hear you're healthy :)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara!! Thank you as always for the lovely comments you leave for me! It is nice to be 'back on track'!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend ~ x

      Delete
  5. Tina this really is AMAZING!! I love how you are linking to specific standards. I think you can apply this to any famous artwork and get a lot out of it. I also think that the appreciation of art is not as acknowledged but so important. This is something that can definitely be adapted to younger kids too! By the way, how was the Lorax? It looks cute, but I don't think Audrey is ready for it yet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Annie, you are way too kind!! Thank you for your lovely comment though:) Absolutely this could be adapted for any artwork and for any age group! I just wish I hadn't lost my Word version when my laptop crashed... thank goodness for Google Docs!!! The Lorax was really good ... different in many ways to the book (as our little Lottie continually points out to me, lol!!). Lottie is 5 and she enjoyed it and understood the message, which was just lovely:) Wishing you and your gorgeous family a wonderful weekend!! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I love to hear your comments and will read and respond to every one. ~ Txx