I was introduced to a form of this game, by a fabulous casual teacher at our school, who has been such an inspiration to me.
During both my teaching pracs, I found this little game to be fabulous for reinforcing all kinds of basic literacy and numeracy skills, and we played it as a class everyday. I love this game because it engages the children so well, you can use the cards and your requests to differentiate for all students within a class and to tailor for the particular skills you are trying to reinforce or teach, and I was also able to use the game as a formative assessment, because students were so engaged with the game, as opposed to being asked to verbally demonstrate their knowledge of sounds etc...
The children in my last prac class, even went so far as to form their own group during an independent section of their morning literacy session, and played this game together as a group (without a teacher) so cute!
Here is my version, in PDF format (also using NSW Foundation font), that you are all welcome to download free from Google Docs, following the link below. You will need to cut out the individual cards and laminate them.
The contents of the game PDF.
I hope that you find this little game useful, and enjoy using it with your students.
Tina

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I love to hear your comments and will read and respond to every one. ~ Txx