Hi lovely teaching friends! WOW, where on earth did that past week go? At times it seemed to drag on (especially Thursday, thanks to a class of what I am sure were my kiddies Doppelgangers!!).
We have been very busy this week in our Yr 1 / Yr 2 class...lots of fun, and some not so fun work thrown in for good measure!!
We are studying WEATHER for our science topic this term, and the kiddies have LOVED all our work on clouds. We have a fabulous ' Clouds' bulletin board outside the classroom, which I copied from the amazing Abby at The Inspired Apple.
We have had a lot of fun reading 'Horton Hatches The Egg' by Dr Seuss!! Each student did a book review and I was planning on doing the FABULOUS Horton Glyph by The Glyph Girls, as a listening task, but due to the time taken up by our new literacy program, I ended up just having to use the glyph pieces to display the kiddies' book reviews.
We also did the 'Rain in a Jar' experiment and then we wrote an interactive writing piece, in the form of a procedural recount. They LOVED it and we ended up doing a repeat performance of the experiment in the afternoon! To hear the gasps everytime a 'rain drop' fell was just one of those moments that confirmed that I really do love teaching ;) The kiddies also had just as much fun creating their 'Rain in a Jar' collages to display their fabulous writing!
I am still struggling and trying to get my head around the concept of our new literacy program ... just not quite sure what to think of it all at the moment! THANK YOU so much for the lovely comments on my last post. I can't tell you how much inspiration and motivation I get from the lovely comments and encouragement that you leave for me!! I feel so lucky!
For the first time in 7 weeks, I have finally left my classroom this afternoon, with ALL marking done, spelling words for next week written on the board ready for Monday, and the homework sheets for all 4 differentiated groups photocopied and read to hand out! Phew...hoping this weekend that I will finally be able to spend some time with my gorgeous family :)
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend ahead!!
Thanks for stopping by,













I love your elephants. I know they are Horton, but I may use the idea to make Gerald puppets...My firsties can't get enough of Mo Willem's Gerald and Piggie. It sounds like you are off to a good week!
ReplyDeleteJenny
Hi Jenny! Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comment! I haven't read Mo Willems' Gerald and Piggie, so am off to investigate ;) Hope you have fun with your Gerald puppets! I would love to see them :) Wishing you a fabulous week ahead!!
ReplyDelete